– Configure the primary database and Oracle Net Services to support the creation of the physical standby database and role transition
– Create a physical standby database by using the DUPLICATE TARGET
DATABASE FOR STANDBY FROM ACTIVE DATABASE RMAN command
Steps to Create a Physical Standby Database
1. Prepare the primary database.
2. Set parameters on the physical standby database.
3. Configure Oracle Net Services.
4. Start the standby database instance.
5. Execute the DUPLICATE TARGET DATABASE FOR STANDBY FROM ACTIVE DATABASE RMAN command.
6. Start the transport and application of redo.
Take the opportunity to connect and share this video with your friends and family if you find it useful.