Tracing has been around since version 5 of the Oracle Database product. The
feature snapped into pretty much the form it has today back in 1992. Developers
and DBAs have used tracing since then to acquire feedback about the efficiency
of their code and to solve performance problems on production systems. But
there’s a lot today that people don’t realize about tracing. This session will
answer questions including:
– How can you best ensure that you won’t harm the performance of your
application by tracing it?
– How can tracing help you see exactly where your time has gone?
– How can tracing help you predict the impact of a proposed change?
– How can tracing help you diagnose performance problems, even really tricky
– How can tracing help you understand how your whole-system workload fits
Take the opportunity to connect and share this video with your friends and family if you find it useful.